RLP out in the World

RLP out in the World
Caye Caulker, Belize

Rural Literacy Project

Followers

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Awake at 3 am, Whose Afraid of a Little Old Bus Station?

Me worried, about a little old bus station. A bus station that every report mentions as ridiculously dangerous, with people every step of the way working together to rip off me the tourist, the tourist with 2 over-stuffed packs. It is no consolation at the moment that the bags are mostly filled with books, none at all. Next time, next time I travel alone, I go with a small backpack on my back. Period. That is the plan.

Ok, now to try and sleep a couple of more hours before the next adventure. Sleep to the mantra of, "I am good at bartering, i am good at bartering, i like to barter, i like to barter, I am not afraid, I am not afraid, language or lack of is no barrier...'

Oh sure. It is all in the adventure, adventure, adventure, adventure. Is it blatantly obvious from my continued repetitions that I am wasting time here. By here i most certainly do not mean Africa, but on this page of bloggging.....

Oh right, this does not even address the buses, that are notoriously famous for driving too fast and recklessly on narrow and winding roads. Apparently there is a saying,'if god wants us to get there, we will.' Shoooot, nobody told me this before and who is this god fellow?

No comments: