RLP out in the World

RLP out in the World
Caye Caulker, Belize

Rural Literacy Project

Followers

Monday, April 5, 2010

What others say about Iringa

It is Monday, I learned that it is another national holiday. Thus I broke down and washed the majority of the dishes left from last Thursday. I know, I know, I showed great patience in waiting. Erin and her pregnant belly left this morning, it was wonderful to have her here. She is returning to her Boston home with her Tanzanian husband. She was great to spend time, introducing me to her Masai artisan friends. I could not understand a word they said, but have learned some wonderful beading tricks.

Breakfast, as shown in accompanying photo, homemade bread and Nutella. Life does not get much better than this.



Some interesting google write ups about Iringa,
The first is not so surprising, but the second made me laugh out loud and the third is pretty good as well. :
Iringa Bakery (next to Lulu’s). Sells amazing bread. Opening hours are bizarre – 4 out of every 5 visits ends in disappointment, but when you are successful it makes it all worthwhile!

Iringa Restaurants There are 1. (not true, but close)

The top 10 things to do in Iringa - voted and ranked by the tripwolf community = no locations found

Gangilonga Rock (talking stone). This large rock gives you great views over Iringa. (now when i talk of the big rock that starts with G, you should all know what I mean)

Masai Market – Go and visit Sengai (the unofficial leader of the Iringa Masai) in the Masai market between the Posta and Sokoni. (except I learned taht a month ago, the government went in and bulldozed the entire market area, no explanation)

You can get to Iringa by bus. There are many bus companies but some are dangerous. The best are Sumry, Scandinavia, and Hood (NONE of which I used for my less than peaceful trip here)

No comments: