RLP out in the World

RLP out in the World
Caye Caulker, Belize

Rural Literacy Project

Followers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Nutella can save lives

Teaching here is a delight, delight. My skills apply well, I could teach without any extra effort, but I have plenty of time and energy. I am enjoying my afternoons relaxing in the class and looking for ways to improve the quality of the students' education. It is a far cry from teaching in the states where every teacher runs from place to place anxiously aware that they will never accomplish what is required of them. Never, ever, ever and somehow while absolutely every level understands this, the expectation still exists.

The past few days food has been a great pleasure. I have figured out how to get what I need, well sort of and it really depends on if the store has been re-supplied and if the market is open AND if i dare venture there. But ohhh,,, good food,,, tonight a coconut, tomato base curry with fresh chapatas and rice...... lunch pb, jelly, NUTELLA on homemade bread, ok that has been lunch and breakfast for that matter, every single day since i arrived... Anyway, my space here is well established. life is uneventful and wonderful.

wonderful.

i love teaching here, love it, peaceful. I have had to stay after 2 days a week to tutor, today it was wonderful fun.

I really wish that I had a playmate, someone to adventure out with, but i don't and I still am in love with life.

No comments: